Consider this your extremely upgraded version of OJ. This blood orange turmeric juice is refreshing, energizing and honestly: delicious. I can’t get enough. The sweet and tangy flavors of the blood orange coupled with sweet Thai coconut and earthy turmeric is a party in your mouth. An über nutritious and hydrating party, that is. It’s a great juice to have after a sweaty yoga class or right when you wake up, when it’s most important to replenish electrolytes and hydrate.
Here’s how you make it:
2 Blood Oranges
1 Young Thai Coconut
1/2 inch Turmeric Root
1 Cinnamon stick
1. Open your Thai coconut–this is a great video tutorial
2. Pour the coconut juice into a blender, then scrape out the white meat inside and place in blender – blend it up and set aside
3. Juice the blood oranges and turmeric root, in coordination with your juicer’s instructions
4. Add the coconut ‘milk’ and blood orange/turmeric in a glass
5. Shave some fresh cinnamon on top
Like what you see? Share this recipe with your friends!