I have to admit, I’m a huge fan of bread and carbs and all the good stuff. Although I try to moderate it, I am always on the lookout for creative ways to add healthier ‘bread’ options to my daily diet. When I think of biscuits I think of buttery, flakey, unhealthy carbs that I should steer very clear from. But these, these coconut oil biscuits are guilt-free and incredibly delicious. They take 20 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to bake and you serve them immediately with your favorite jam or nut butter. Whip them up on a Sunday morning and make sure to keep your self-control (they’re that good!).
2 cups self-rising flour, store-bought or homemade
1/4 cup coconut oil (solid, not melted)
3/4 cup coconut milk (refrigerated)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Add self-rising flour to a mixing bowl, and use forks to cut the coconut oil into the flour until the mixture is like fine crumbs
3. Stir in the milk until the mixture forms a soft dough and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl, knead until it’s combined
4. Lightly dust a cutting board and turn the dough onto it
5. Gently roll the rough until it reaches 1/2-inch thickness
6. Use a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or the lid of a mason jar to cut out the biscuits
7. Bake for 10 minutes, until the biscuits have risen and slowly brown on the top
8. Serve immediately with jam, nut butter or anything else you like!
Recipe and photos via Gimmie Some Oven.
Tags: breakfast, coconut