Introducing my newest obsession: Fluffy Egg Whites. If you’re a fan of fried eggs on toast, you will love this version. The egg whites almost melt into the bread when they’re done baking, like a fluffy meringue consistency. The yolk sets and when you cut into the bread it slowly pours out, resulting in the ultimate #yolkporn. It’s not as quick as simply frying an egg but the result is a lot more decadent, promise!
1 egg, whites & yolk separated
1 slice of bread (I used wheat)
Grated parmesan cheese
Coarse salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Lightly toast your piece of bread (it should only be very slightly golden)
3. Whisk the egg whites, which is best done in a metal baking bowl, until stiff peaks form and it’s very fluffy (if you have an electric mixer, it will make this process a lot quicker!)
4. Scoop the fluffy whites onto the toast, leaving about a tablespoon leftover
5. Carefully make a ‘well’ in the middle of the egg white on your toast to pour the yolk, then cover the top of the yolk with the leftover fluffed egg white
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
7. Bake for 10 minutes
8. Top with chopped parsley
Want more breakfast recipes? Leave a comment below!