Rumi is one of the most famous poets in history. His poems verbalize the real-life truths about love, life, personal growth and development. He was born on the eastern shores of the Persian Empire in September of 1207; Rumi himself was not bound by cultural limitation, even in that time period, which is why his words have the ability to reach so many beings from east to west.
Here are 20 beautiful quotes by Rumi:
- Stop acting so small, you are the universe in ecstatic motion.
- What you seek is seeking you.
- You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
- Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.
- My soul is from elsewhere, I am sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
- Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I’m changing myself.
- Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
- Travel brings power and love back into your life.
- Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
- Two there are who are never satisfied–the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no such thing as separation.
- Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
- The cure for the pain is in the pain.
- I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.
- You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
- Let silence take you to the core of life.
- Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
- Don’t grieve; Anything you lose comes around in another form.
- There is an invisible strength within us; when it recognizes two opposing objects of desire, it grows stronger.
Do you have a favorite Rumi quote that wasn’t listed here? Tell us in the comments!