Coconut oil wins the status for being the most multi-functional and talked-about ingredient in 2014, and well into 2015. Not only does it carry major health benefits for our internal body, but it’s the not-so-secret ingredient playing a major role in the beauty world today. Some of the biggest beauty gurus are swearing by this ingredient to not only reduce fine lines and inflammation but to essentially replace tons of mainstream beauty products. I don’t know about you, but if I can buy one jar that serves 10 purposes rather than 10 different products–I am IN.
Watch this video made by LEAFtv to learn about 7 ways to use coconut oil in your beauty regime:
- Lotion & Moisturizer: Use in the evening (sparingly, it is oil) and wake up to baby soft skin.
- Natural Deodorant: Mix 2 parts baking soda with 2 parts cornstarch and 1 part coconut oil, add a few drops of essential oil if you like – and voila!
- Make-Up Remover: Massage coconut oil into damp skin over your sink to rid everything from foundation to mascara.
- Shaving Cream: This is my favorite, say goodbye to razor burn!
- Lip Balm: Scoop some coconut oil into a travel-sized container, maybe add some drops of your favorite essential oil, and you have your new nourishing lip balm.
- Toothpaste: This is an interesting consistency and it’s not for everyone, but it’s great for your teeth! Mix together equal parts baking soda and coconut oil, with a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Eye Cream: The essential fatty acids and vitamins in coconut oil are said to reduce fine lines; use a very moderate amount of coconut oil around your eyes day and night and watch them de-puff, and smooth out!
What’s your favorite way to use coconut oil as a beauty product? Dish!