Our lives can get so busy that we need to allot every free minute we have for a good sweat session. This sometimes means before work, at our lunch break, or after work with one hour to spare before dinner. No one wants to walk into a meeting looking like they just ran a marathon, but it’s also unrealistic to have the time to shower and get ready during these time-sensitive sessions. Hope is not lost, here are my top tricks to refresh after a sweaty workout and walk into your presentation like a boss:
- Carry Multi-Purpose Facial Wipes: Who has the room to carry cleanser, toner and moisturizer to the gym and back? There are so many innovative and all-natural brands that are creating multi-functional products, I like Alba Botanica Hawaiian 3-in-1 Towelette (you can find it here), which has pineapple extract so you smell good too!
- Never Forget Body Wipes: This is a must, especially if you don’t have the time to shower. Herban Essentials Towelettes are cleansing and use high-quality essential oils such as lavender, lemon, eucalyptus and peppermint to give you an aromatherapy boost and clean skin.
- Tame Your Hair: If your hair is anything like mine, after a good workout it’s not going to cooperate very well. The best bet is to throw it up in a sophisticated high ponytail, with some great earrings to pair. I like using a good hair pomade that’s not too greasy, to help keep my fly-aways at bay.
- Low Make-Up Maintenance: Depending what your beauty routine looks like, this tip may vary, but I like to keep make up application at a low. This is especially important directly after a sweaty workout because your body is heated and your pores are enlarged – you don’t want to throw on a ton of makeup instantly. An illuminating primer is a great option for something to smooth you over for the day.
- Don’t Forget Deodorant: Obviously, this is a must. Try reaching for a brand with quality, natural ingredients and essential oils – this is one of my favorites. Natural deodorant has a stigma of not working, and while it’s a bit more expensive than your classic Secret at $4.50, it’s aluminum, alcohol and paraben-free. If we are making an effort to workout and eat well, we might as well care about what we put on our bodies too.
What are your favorite tips and products to use after a good workout? Dish in the comments!