Let’s face it: the day-to-day routine of the average person consists of hours looking down at a computer or smartphone, long commutes in traffic, eating on the sofa… the list goes on. This is a huge shift in how our ancestors, even parents and grandparents, spent their days. The result of so much sitting and looking down can be extremely harmful to our bodies as we age.
For example, you work a 9-5 job and sit at a desk, hunching your shoulders and extending your neck with your legs crossed underneath your desk–for 8 hours! Regardless of your workout regime or diet, this takes a toll on the body in the long run. Unfortunately, because this is the lifestyle norm and these actions are so embedded in us now–they’re hard to undo. But, we can try! Here are 7 Actions To UNDO For A Healthy Body, in the latest video I made with LEAFtv:
- Sitting Cross-Legged: Causes varicose veins & low back pain
- Crossing Arms: Sends a message of uncertainty & doubt
- Leaning To One Hip: Causes misalignment in hips & glutes
- Slouching: Causes headaches, jaw pain & back pain
- Pelvic Tilt: Weakens abdominal muscles & causes strain to low back
- Neck Extension: Adds 10-20 lbs of weight to the neck & shoulders (consider bringing your reading material to you!)
- Sleeping with Arms Overhead: Creates tension in the upper back & shoulders
*Are you doing any of these right now?! Dish in the comments below or tweet @allgoodhealth_!