In honor of winter squash and healthy holiday baking, I whipped up a batch of the most delicious, completely GUILT-FREE, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins in the latest LEAFtv Fit Kitchen episode. No electric mixer required, they take literally 15 minutes to put together and 18-20 minutes to bake. They’re low in sugar, made with fiber-rich oat flour, and can be easily customized to specific dietary needs like vegan or gluten-free. And another plus? The incredible benefits of pumpkin! Pumpkin is packed with loads of Vitamin A, fiber, potassium and one of the most powerful antioxidants, beta-carotene.
Watch the video below to see how they’re made, then make them for yourself and let me know how they turn out by tagging @allgoodhealth #allgoodhealth on Instagram!
1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup + 1 tbsp oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional, but recommended)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
+ Vegan? Make 1 flaxegg (1 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp water chilled for 15 mins) & vegan chocolate chips
+ Lower sugar? Use carob chips instead of chocolate chip
+ Don’t like pumpkin? Use 2 very ripe bananas
+ No oat flour? Blend regular oats in a high-speed blender, you must re-measure afterwards!
+ Gluten-free? Use gluten-free oats
- In a small bowl, add: pumpkin puree, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract & egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and kosher salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly among muffin tin (makes 6-9) and coat with baking spray (preferably coconut oil).
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy warm!