To start off 2016, I’m sharing five healthy super food smoothie recipes for the whole work week with LEAFtv. Each smoothie has loads of nutritional benefits and delicious bursts of flavor that won’t get boring from day-to-day. One of the biggest reasons I sway from my New Years Resolutions each year is because I’m not good with repetitiveness – the same food (as healthy and delicious as it is), or the same workouts. By incorporating lots of variety with the ingredients you use and combinations of flavors, you can set yourself up for success and healthy eating that isn’t boring. Plus, it’s much more fun to start your day with a pop of color!
Watch the video below for the recipes & how-to:
You can use fresh or frozen fruit in these smoothies, and prepare the ingredients the night before in small plastic bags. Just add the milk in the morning and voilá! More details below…
- Berry Antioxidant: 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 cup blackberries, 1 tsp acai powder, 1/2 tsp raw honey, about 1 cup almond milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Fresh Green: 1 cup baby kale or spinach, 1/4 avocado, 2-3 basil leaves, 1/2 cup coconut yogurt, 1/4 banana, about 1 cup almond milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Pineapple & Mint: 1 cup pineapple, 4-5 mint leaves, 1 tsp maca powder, about 1 cup coconut milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Carrot & Coconut: 1 carrot (peeled), 1/2″ ginger (peeled), 3/4 cup coconut meat, honey to taste, about 1 cup coconut milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Bright Beet: 1/2 beet, handful fresh strawberries, 1/2″ turmeric (peeled), 1 tsp aloe vera, about 1 cup almond milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
Would you try these recipes? Share your photos on Instagram tagging @allgoodhealth!