I started learning about the 7 chakras when I began learning more and more about yoga. Chakras are, in Indian thought, energetic, spiritual ‘wheels’ throughout the body. It’s fascinating how you can feel energized and grounded in certain aspects of your spirit–from your heart to your communication–with physical movement. There are many beliefs that blocked chakras can lead to serious illness… physical, mental or emotional. I made a LEAFtv video sharing an overview on all 7 chakras and yoga poses to help “ignite” each. Watch below!
- ROOT CHAKRA (Muladhara): This is your survival center, where your fight/flight response lives. It’s located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area and the associated color is Red. Practice grounding poses, like bridge, where your feet root into the ground.
- SACRAL CHAKRA (Svadhisthana): This is the center for well-being and pleasure. It’s located in your lower abdomen, the associated color is Orange. Practice dancer pose to stretch your groin and improve balance.
- SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA (Manipura): This is your center for self-esteem and inner strength. This is located in your upper abdomen and the associated color is Yellow. Practice navasana to power your core (5 core moves).
- HEART CHAKRA (Anahata): This is the center of inner-joy, peace and love. This is located in the center of your chest, just above the heart, the associated color is Green. Practice backbending to open the heart and chest.
- THROAT CHAKRA (Vishuddha): This is your center for communication and truth. This is located in the throat and the associated color is Blue. Practice shoulder stand to stimulate the thyroid gland.
- THIRD EYE CHAKRA (Anja): This is the center for intuition and imagination. This is located on the forehead, in between the eyes, and the associated color is Indigo. Practice handstand and inversions, anything that excites your spirit. (how-to handstand)
- CROWN CHAKRA (Sahasrara): This is the center of spiritual unity. This is located at the very top of the head, and the associated color is violet. Practice meditating to connect to the mind, body and spirit.
Do you feel connected to these energy wheels? Share this post with your friends!